|Inscription LG002||Index||Area Plan||MI Plan L||< Prev.||Next >|
A brass plaque commemorates the planting of an oak tree on glebe land due north of the lych gate in 1902.|
OF THE OAK TREE IN THE FIELD OPPOSITE
ALMOST DUE NORTH FROM THIS LYCH GATE.
IT WAS PLANTED TO MARK THE CORONATION
OF EDWARD VII IN 1902 BY J G PAYNE,
SECOND SON OF THE THEN VICAR OF COGGES,
REV. E. J. U. PAYNE.
|The Parish Church of St. Mary, Cogges, Oxfordshire.||Copyright © St. Mary's Church Cogges Parochial Church Council, 2005|
|Updated 10th February 2005||Feedback|